♦ An incapacitated operator ♦ A medical emergency or heart attack
♦ A worker suspended from the boom…is your company Ready for Rescue?
Tower Crane Rescue
In a time sensitive emergency, the combination of varied crane configurations, cab designs, plus uncertain availability of public responders adds up to just one thing: it’s the responsibility of on-scene personnel to save the life of the tower crane worker!
TSL’s Tower Crane Rescue course teaches your on-scene personnel how to rescue an unconscious victim from anywhere on the tower crane: the access ladder, the boom or counterweight, even from inside the control
cab. Your personnel will also learn self-rescue and emergency egress training. This comprehensive two-day course focuses on the various applications or our adaptable and user-friendly rescue equipment:
- ARK®: our modular Assisted-Rescue Kit. Rated for two-persons, this component -based kit contains adaptable anchorage connectors, a pre-assembled hauling system, a duel-braked lowering device, tag line, plus additional equipment specifically designed to meet the demands of elevated workplace rescues.
- SRK-11®: our patented self-rescue / escape system provides the user a safe and efficient way down.
- Spec Pak: a unique full body harness used for patient packaging. This amazing tool combines the spinal immobilization of a short backboard with the suspension and support of a full body harness.
Each student will learn efficient deployment methods and effective Kit preparation in order to be rescue-ready in the event of an emergency. Basic fall protection principles, climbing techniques, and pre-rescue readiness are explained and demonstrated. Other course objectives include:
- Pre-emergency planning
- Equipment selection & use
- Victim assessment
- Anchor selection
- Safe descent path identification
- Suspension trauma awareness
- Patient packaging and extraction
- Raising and lowering
- Equipment care & maintenance
The greater portion of the class is held on an elevated structure. After becoming comfortable with the simple processes used in the ARK® and the SRK-11®, students will perform and participate in several simulated rescue scenarios. These exercises will include a variety of real-life situations:
Each student must have appropriate PPE, including a full body harness, duel-legged lanyard and any personal fall protection devices normally used. Students should be prepared to climb an actual structure several times each day.
- Student booklet
- Wallet ID card
- Certificate of Completion
Tower Crane Rescue Training Evaluation & Re-certification
Tech Safety Lines, Inc. offers evaluations and 1-day re-certification classes for students whose wallet ID cards have expired.